Setting up Reporting Services

Last Post 28 Dec 2007 02:28 AM by Jorge Segarra. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
EJenkins

--
28 Nov 2007 07:38 AM
I am getting ready to setup reporting services and I'm not sure the best way to do it. We have a small to medium sized company and users will definately be accessing reports from the internet. I want to make sure it is secure.

I'm wondering about having a database server separate from the reporting services server, separate from a development server. Or just have reporting services and the database server all on the same server. And which, if any, should be in the DMZ?

Any thoughts on this or links or white papers I could review to get some ideas?

Thanks.
EJenkins

--
29 Nov 2007 10:19 AM
That is part of my question I guess. What is the best way, from an architecture standpoint to set it up? How do most people set it up? Is reporting services separate from the database server? Is it secure having them on the same server? Those are the types of questions I'm asking?

Thanks.
Jorge Segarra

--
28 Dec 2007 02:28 AM
Reporting services can be setup using SQL Server Express. You can set up an a SSE instance in your DMZ that points to your data inside your network via an opened port in your firewall. For secure communications you will probably want to look into setting up the service broker between the instances. This secures the data being passed between the SQL instances. You can read more about it here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...31783.aspx
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy