Errors deploying and running reports

Last Post 30 Aug 2004 11:25 PM by Craig HB. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Craig HB

--
13 Jul 2004 05:32 AM
I am developing reports on my PC and deploying them to our server. My PC only has reporting services client components while our server has the client and server components installed.

Problem 1 :
when I deploy the solution to the server I get this error message:
"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server."

Problem 2:
I have created a ASP.NET application on my PC that runs reports on the server using the

reporting service's web service. When I try and render a report, I get this error message:
The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

Any help would really be appreciated
Craig HB
jasonwisdom

--
30 Aug 2004 10:54 AM
Craig,

Try reinstalling Reporting Services without checking the SSL checkbox on the Virtual Directory setup screen in the wizard. I was having this same error, and even turning SSL off on the IIS did not solve it, however when I uninstalled/reinstalled without setting Reporting Services to use SSL, it worked fine.

Jason
jasonwisdom

--
30 Aug 2004 10:56 AM
Of course, the above post is referring to your Problem 1.

As for Problem 2...are you able to acknowledge the presence of the web service in your Visual Studio.NET? If so, then just copy that URL. Fixing #1 may help also.

Jason
Craig HB

--
30 Aug 2004 11:25 PM
Thanks, but I managed to sort out both problems. Can't remember what fixed problem 1, but for problem 2, visual studio was not creating my asp.net applications as applications in IIS. when i did that (in IIS), it worked

Craig
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy