Access is denied when trying to view a report with "enable anonymous access " selected

Last Post 01 Sep 2006 06:53 AM by bmullis. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mr Guy

--
29 Apr 2006 08:22 AM
Hello,

I kind of have a problem that I could not find an answer for on the net.

I have a windows server 2003 with sp1, 2000 sql reporting services installed on my app box. The report db is on a db server which is a windows server 2003 with sp1 and sql server 2000.

My problem is as follows. I want to be able to view reports over the internet. I have on my app server which has multiple internal IP's(that host different sites) a SSL site that is accessable from the internet. eg..https://blah.abc.com that goes to that web site configured in my IIS 6.

When i install Reporting Services it by default installs itself to the default web site. I then create a copy of the /ReportServer virtual directory to my SSL Site. The way my web application works is very simple. You login to the site which had forms authentication then click on a link which will pass you to the copied /ReportServer virtual directory to view the reports.

This works when you have the permission on the copied /ReportServer virtual folder to "Integrated Windows Authentication", but you are prompted to enter a userID and Password that is valid on the app server. If you enter the userid and password you will be able to view the reports, but I don't want to promt for a userid and password! If i change the permission to "enable anonymous access " I get a

Server Error in '/REPORTSERVER' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. Contact the Web server's administrator for help.

error. I'm not sure what else to try. I am not on a domain to add a user that is common to both app and db server if that is the problem...

Can someone please give me some ideas to try... I am racking my brains with this permission stuff.
bmullis

--
01 Sep 2006 06:53 AM
Did you get a fix for this?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy