Chart Color

Last Post 14 Mar 2005 09:01 AM by xfonhe. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Janetb99

--
11 Mar 2005 05:26 AM
Does anybody know how to customize the chart colors used for the data elements (bar/pie colors)? Got the report, groupings, drilldown and the first thing the user requested was custom colors. - not the provided palettes but maybe creating a custom palette?

Thanks,
JB
xfonhe

--
14 Mar 2005 09:01 AM
The 'custom palette' option does not currently exist. If you wish to change the colors of an element within a chart, simply edit the properties of said element and change the color in the Appearance tab, Series Style, Border and Line tab, Color: field.

Example: I have a line chart whose data element, by default, appears as green on the chart. The users want "Steel Blue" instead. To change this, I edit the chart properties, edit the Values element, swithc to Appearance tab, select the Series Style button, and change the Color: value to steel blue (Border and LIne tab in Series Style... it is the first tab).
Janetb99

--
21 Mar 2005 04:52 AM
Thanks for the reply, but I think I'm missing something? If I edit chart properties, go to data, click on the edit button of the value, click the appearance tab, my options are:
show markers (checkbox)
marker size (menu)
marker type (radio)
plot data as line (checkbox)

Sorry for the demons of stupidity....
Janet
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy