When developing data input module based on web, users always have to provide a data submission solution. The complexity of the solution is determined by the complexity of the input web-page.
Some conditions in an increasingly complex order are showed below:
1. There is only one record on the web-page.
2. Records correspond to a table of a database.
3. Records correspond to many tables of a database.
4. Records correspond to many tables of different databases.
1. Keep the transactional database consistency, especially when there are several databases.
2. Convert data type. The type of submitted data from web page is unrecognized; as a result, it has to be converted to proper type in database in the background.
3. Update the mapping relationship between field and the input cell on web page, especially a record corresponds to several cells indifferent expansion regions, or a field corresponds to a expression composed by several cells.
Someone may say that all these difficulties can be solved by writing program. However, the program has no commonality, and the workload will be huge.
RAQ Report is a professional web reporting tool
. For users' convenience, RAQ Report provides an almost perfect data submission solution: Multiple Database/Dataset Input Report.
With the Multiple Datasource/Dataset Input Report solution of RAQ Report
, users can relate different tables from different databases, and submit data to multiple tables/databases, and keep the transactional consistency of database easily.
1. Design an input report.
2. Define the Update attribute of the report.
3. Release the report.
This post is from my blog
. You are welcomed cc it anywhere, and please indicate the source.
If you would like to read more articles about web reporting tool, you are also welcome to refer to my blog.