Replication - Local System Account

Last Post 31 May 2006 11:34 AM by Revuca_SQL. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Revuca_SQL

--
31 May 2006 10:35 AM
Hi,

I've got a setup that I'm looking at where the publisher has a domain user account that runs the SQL Agent and all the subscribers are off domain and run SQL Agent under the local system account.

I have 2x identical servers that subscribe (Pull) to the above publisher - 1x successfully and 1x unsuccessfully. Error message is that it can't gain access to the network share to read the snapshot. If I change both Agents to run under a local user account both subscribe ok.

Can someone explain to me what the local system account can do and what it can't. I read somewhere that if you set up replication so that your login 'emulates' the Agent, it ca be set up with the local system account ? Is this so. Any help on this will be appreciated.

Cheers.
Revuca_SQL

--
31 May 2006 11:34 AM
yep. i think i've just figured it out. i applied the initial snapshot manually (not connecting to network share) and then tried using the local system account and now i can subscribe successfully. does this sound possible ? so essentially i can subscribe using the local system account, but can't apply the initial snapshot using accessing a network share ?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy