Using ReportItems

Last Post 13 May 2005 11:36 AM by Vette95. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DTOOKER

--
14 Apr 2005 09:33 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know how to create a field on a grouping header that can be summed on the grouping footer. I have a Part Number group that shows the part number and then lists all the work orders under each part number. The work order is a group that will show all the serial numbers assigned to that work order. I am just trying to get a count of work orders and by creating a field and giving it a value of =1, you cant do any aggregate functions on a ReportItem field like Suming. You also can't nest aggregate functions. Has anyone run into this problem? I am converting from an Access report and I had many hidden fields that did Running Sums Over All and Over Group to display the values. for each grouping.

Thanks for any help.

DTOOKER
Vette95

--
13 May 2005 11:36 AM
Are you using the Table control or the List control?

The Table control allows you to use functions in the fields like SUM & COUNT in your groupings. You could then set the hidden property of the selected field on the table control to designate whether or not you want it displayed (your hiddden fields).

The List control is a little more tedious as you would have to create groups by embedding another list control (or other report control) within your initial list to make a grouping.

Or....

Open the expression builder on the field you want to use. Then use the Count() function and then select from the fields list the field you want counted. Be careful though, I would recommend opening the tree branch designated Datasets, then select your dataset that has the ID you want counted. You will notice that VS lists the fields with the function most commonly used based on the data type of the fields listed. I have used a FIRST(<<fieldname>> function within the count function with success.

Hope this helps.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy