script errors

Last Post 04 Mar 2004 01:11 PM by mmcginty. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mmcginty

--
04 Mar 2004 01:11 PM
Don't your QC people test with script debugging enabled? When it's on you'll see a frequently recurring "unterminated string" error that's more than a little annoying.

Also, as long as I'm whining:

* Sometimes menus open up underneath ads, no way to close the ads, can't see the menu items (could arrow through them and might be able to use the space bar to select, but blindly stabbing at hidden choices is no way to go thru life.)

* The registration thing is logistically broken. I had to lie to it and tell it I'm not a paid subscriber because I don't have my contact ID, and didn't get a response when I requested it weeks ago.

*You need a good way to consolidate accounts across all of your publications. Since email is a required field this would seem to be a simple matter. News flash: if the email field of one account is the same as another, and there's any indication of recent activity for either account, the actual user is almost certainly the same. (The few mistakes that would occur under this assumption would be a good trade for all the hoops you're making everyone jump through, and the db storage you're wasting over this twisted transition.)

* Your endless and redundant demographics probes, always as required fields, become annoying. Figure out who I am, bake me a cookie, ask me one more time and then leave me the hell alone about my job function, decision power and corporate income.

-Mark
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy