SQL Server 2000 SP3a connection to Oracle 9i - Error 7356

Last Post 12 Oct 2005 11:17 AM by Gisella. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Gisella

--
12 Oct 2005 11:17 AM
Hello,

I have been having great trouble querying Oracle Views (even tables for that matter). I set up a linked server to our Oracle database which has views I should get data from.

I can get a DTS package to see the views and grab the data (as long as it is done as a whole table and not as a query - that sadly does not work at all - something about the table not existing even if you just got it from the query builder).

I then go into SQL Query Analyzer and run a select statement (select * from SERVER..TEST.XXTEST_MMI_V3 -- which is a view) and cannot seem to get it to work.

The error I get is:

Server: Msg 7356, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' supplied inconsistent metadata for a column. Metadata information was changed at execution time.
OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: Column 'BOOKING_TRX_ID' (compile-time ordinal 1) of object '"TEST"."XXTEST_MMI_V3"' was reported to have a DBTYPE of 130 at compile time and 5 at run time].

I have read many articles in the past few days regarding this. It appears that there is a bug for this distributed query in SQL Server 7 that caused this problem, but from the article it seemed to have been fixed -- although I cannot be sure of the release of that fix.

Can anyone help me with this. I am new to having an Oracle database to connect to and all the articles so far have not been working (including all the ones on the Microsoft site I could find -- which by the way only seem to reference Oracle 8.1 at the highest level).

I am also afraid I will run into other issues (something about a date issue)... Is there a central location where maybe I can also get more information regarding Oracle 9i and SQL Server.

I REALLY NEED HELP!!!! Thanks so very much in advance,
GB

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy