ERROR 945 IN SQLSERVER 2000!

Last Post 16 Sep 2005 04:22 PM by SQLUSA. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sqlgreece

--
15 Sep 2005 03:03 AM
hello everyone!
im dealing with an error problem for about 15 days now..
i get the "SQL SERVER MESSAGE 945.DATABASE LOUMIDI CANNOT BE OPENED DUE TO INACESSIBLE
FILES OR INSUFFICIENT MEMORY OR DISK SPACE.SEE SQL SERVER ERRORLOG FOR
DETAILS(LINE1).DB LIBRARY ERROR 10007.GENERAL SQL SERVER ERROR.CHECK
MESSAGES FROM SQL SERVER" error messge every morning when i try to login on to the software
i use. if i reboot my server everything turns back to normal(actually if i stop and start my sqlservice manager) is there anything i can do to deal with??
thank u!!
mwesch

--
15 Sep 2005 04:05 AM
Sounds like you could be low on disk space. The fact that the server starts after rebooting may indicate that TEMPDB does not have enough space to grow. TEMPDB is recreated after a reboot, so could be smaller and allow application to function until it grows beyond disk capacity. Check how full disk is that houses TEMPDB, and autogrow parameters for TEMPDB. Maybe you could move TEMPDB to another drive.
SQLUSA

--
16 Sep 2005 04:22 PM
This is serious stuff.

What changed? Hardware checks out?

What is in the log? Other logs?

Kalman Toth, SQL Guru
http://www.squsa.com
sqlgreece

--
12 Oct 2005 04:35 AM
hello everyone!!!
just want to inform you about the cause that made the error come on...my sql server is installed on a small buisness server and the administrator had arranged every night at 10.00 and 10.30 to take backup of the database(by copying it to another harddrive).because the database has grown enough it takes over
30 min to copy the database..so the second backup interfered with the 1st).that was what caused me the problem...its just for laughing and giving second toughts about details like this
bye bye

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy