Enterprise Manager Problem

Last Post 26 Nov 2002 01:09 AM by satya. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rondebbs

--
25 Nov 2002 03:11 PM
Hello, I am running SQL 2000 enterprise manager on my win2k machine. I have a server group with about 20 SQL Servers machines. Most are SQL 7 with a few SQL 2000. I had be using Enterprise Manager for several months to access all these servers. After installing new software I am now getting an error when I click on one of the servers - "A connection could not be established on NT16 - Reason: Invalid attribute/option identifier".

I have uninstalled the new software and uninstalled SQL EM. I then re-installed MDAC 2.7 and then re-installed EM. I'm still getting the same error. Any ideas?
satya

--
26 Nov 2002 01:09 AM
I have seen this behaviour which usually indicates a problem with MDAC install. As you'd tried reinstalling MDAC 2.7 and also do a detailed anlalysis of existing mdac dlls using this CC tool as explained.

HTH
gazza_SQL

--
26 Nov 2002 05:07 AM
Hi

Exactly the same happened to me, check to see if you still have your ODBC driver for SQL Server, I suspect it has gone. It happened to me when I installed Acces97

I tried everything, removing Office, updating the Registry, installing many different versions of MDAC. All Failed.

In the end I gave up trying and reinstalled XP.

Sorry I can't give any solution but at least it may save you some time.

Gary
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy