Upgrading SQL 2000 Server Editions Personal to Standard

Last Post 26 Nov 2004 03:26 AM by marcelok. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
markm1701

--
22 Dec 2003 06:31 PM
I have an installation that i need convert from SQL 2000 Personal Edition SP2 to
2000 Standard Edition

I've read the documents about this process but it does not discuss issues when a Service pack is present..

Is the upgrade designed to handle upgrades where a service pack has been applied.

Or Would you recommend that I Backup the Databases, Remove the Personal, and Install the new Standard Edition then restore the user databases

I only have 5 on it,

Suggestions... Thanks in advance
satya

--
22 Dec 2003 11:30 PM
All the referred documents are applicable to upgrade in your case without any change even though if service pack is involved.

You can add functionality while upgrading from one edition of SQL Server 2000 to another, and have the option to add components during this upgrade. For example, if you upgrade from the SQL Server 2000 Personal Edition to the SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition, you can install additional components during the upgrade process.

Refer thru this MSDN link to upgrade the components.

HTH
marcelok

--
26 Nov 2004 03:26 AM
Hello eveybody

I've already read the doc in MSDN, however here the step 7 the option "Upgrade" appears in disable mode. It occurs 'cos I have a Service Pack installed ?

Thanks
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy