Replication in SQL Server 2000 - urgent help

Last Post 03 May 2006 03:25 PM by rama_arumugam. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rama_arumugam

--
26 Apr 2006 03:49 AM
I have 2 publisher namely TH1, TH2
1 subscriber : THFinal

I've created 2 individual publications using "Create Publication" and published database namely TH1 and TH2.
Publication type : Merge publication

Default table article properties setting are as follows :
a. When merging from different sources : "Treate changes to the same column as a conflict (changes to different columns in the same row will be merged)".

Snapshot
i Choose "DELETE DATA IN THE EXISTING TABLE that matches the ROW FILTER statement".

Resolver :
I checked "yes" for - Allow Subscribers to resolve conflicts interactively during on-demand synchronizations".

Now, when i sync the TH1, all the records from TH1 goes to the subscriber database "THFinal".
When i sync the TH2, all the records which was synched earlier (from TH1) being DELETED. and all the records from TH2 goes to the subscriber database "THFinal".

Basically, i WANT to retain the ALL THE data from in "THFinal" which came from TH1 database since the primary key is different. Also, all the database contains running no (Identity increment = 1) . Will it cause any havoc when replicating since running no will be same in TH1 and TH2 even though the primary keys for the table is unique?

Again, i really appreciate for your kind help.
Thank you.
rama_arumugam

--
03 May 2006 03:25 PM
Greetings.

Thanks rm for your reply. the answer you gave worked for a simple database structure. but, we have more than 10 dbs (from different locations). when i use a simple replication using sample database, it can replicate.

But, when i try using the actual database, it gave the following error.

I changed the running no as below :

Rno Identity : Yes (Not For Replication) (Identity seed=1)

PROBLEM : 1ST (TH1) database can be synched. when i try to replicate the 2nd (TH2) database, the following ERROR displayed :
The process could not drop one or more tables because the tables are being used by other publications.
The process could not drop one or more tables because the tables are being used by other publications.
(Source: Merge Replication Provider (Agent); Error number: -2147200976)

Still waiting for the answer/suggestion from experts.
TQ
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy