Actions to be made / tests :
1) Check that the SQL has the patch http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...-us;821334
which is necessary for authenticating with the AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
--> After the patch , you'll have a new security item called " RS exe coll " on the Report DB and ReprtTempDB
2) Check that the server has " Frontpage extententions ", prior to the RS installation
3) Check the Default Pool has the " network service" permissions .
4) Check that the Reports VD has permissions of " Everyone " and " Network " ( ? ) permissions .
5) Under " Web Service Extentions " --> Check that ASP is allowed , Frontpage Ext. allowed and
" Server Side includes " is also allowed .
5) Define Also the SMTP settings ( might be critical ) ( add smtps service )
6) Check SQL Agent ( running ok )
7) SQL Permissions : DBO / Network Authority permissions ( might be after patch )
Installation Process :
A) Remove completely the RS , as well as leftovers in the Registry .
-- We might face a problem which caused by leftovers from former RS installations which signed the
registry with " Sym sign " , in that case a full scan for leftovers is critical , otherwise
we'll have the same problem again .
B) make sure that all the above ( 1- 7) are valid .
C) Install RS ent. and choose the default installation with VD creation . but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem