I designed my reports on my local machine. Deployed them to another production web server. All is good, reports work fine. I was happy everyone is happy. Till I looked at the database server that my reports run against. When I do an sp_who2 I can see program name Stats which is what my project is called. It says for host that is actually on the database server not on the web server which I find wierd. And it's just eating CPU time like you would not believe. The user is statsUser for Reporting Services.
I setup several tables which preaggregate all of the report data, they run every hour under a different user name called reportUser. Then reporting services just does a simple select of a few hundred rows. The queries take about a second. The jobs that populate the tables take a few minutes but my CPU is constantly between 50% - 100% which it wasn't in this range before I setup Reporting Services. A lot of time these processes are just awaiting command but they are eating CPU. I think I have reporting services misconfigured in someway but I am not sure how, or how to resolve it.