Reporting Services gone rampant

Last Post 04 May 2004 10:55 AM by SQL Pro. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bryanmurtha

--
14 Apr 2004 07:48 AM
I designed my reports on my local machine. Deployed them to another production web server. All is good, reports work fine. I was happy everyone is happy. Till I looked at the database server that my reports run against. When I do an sp_who2 I can see program name Stats which is what my project is called. It says for host that is actually on the database server not on the web server which I find wierd. And it's just eating CPU time like you would not believe. The user is statsUser for Reporting Services.

I setup several tables which preaggregate all of the report data, they run every hour under a different user name called reportUser. Then reporting services just does a simple select of a few hundred rows. The queries take about a second. The jobs that populate the tables take a few minutes but my CPU is constantly between 50% - 100% which it wasn't in this range before I setup Reporting Services. A lot of time these processes are just awaiting command but they are eating CPU. I think I have reporting services misconfigured in someway but I am not sure how, or how to resolve it.

Please help,

Bryan
SQL Pro

--
04 May 2004 10:55 AM
Strange....
How big is your database server?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy