Thanks for the reply.
I actually accomplished the SSN scramble by extracting the three parts of the SSN as character strings, then CAST strings to float, multipy by a Random number(you can use RANDOM or I created one based on the Datetime) then CAST the Float value back to Character. Then assemble the three parts to form the whole SSN. This technique worked for me.
In terms of the First and Lastnames, I used a simple CASE statement and created a translation table to process each character and translate it to someother character. I did the same for the employee ID.
The code was not pretty, but it worked and I met the sales demo deadline....