can i use sql without sql

Last Post 05 Mar 2007 12:25 AM by JHunter. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bigelectricmac

--
15 Jan 2007 07:10 AM
i am going to use a software (like osdate, phpizabi) which requires php and sql. although my host has these installed i do not have them on my home computer. i will instal the software on my hosts server but is their anyway i would be able to use the software's admin controls from my home computer or wld it only work using a sql php loaded computer.
JHunter

--
15 Jan 2007 07:20 AM
it will be more than likely that you'll access your host via a web control panel. This being the case you'll only need a browser installed on your home computer.

Oh and SQL is just a query language, what you'd install would be a database and use its flavour of SQL to query it.

Jamie
JHunter

--
15 Jan 2007 07:20 AM
*duplicate post*
Dale.Turley

--
03 Mar 2007 09:29 AM
JHunter, no-one likes a smart ass

oh, you don't install a database you create one, you install a Relational Database Management System (RDMS)

JHunter

--
05 Mar 2007 12:25 AM
If I started on about RDMS, I'm sure the original poster wouldn't have been any the wiser...

And anyway, I was simply pointing out something that seemed relavant, there appeared to be some confusion as to what SQL was, sorry if my response caused you any offense.

Jamie
Dale.Turley

--
05 Mar 2007 03:05 PM
you didnt cause ay offence, just came accross a bit arsy.

thats the problem with email, to inpersonal.

no i didnt get enough sleep friday, i lay awake all night thinking about computers hmmmm :-)
Dale.Turley

--
05 Mar 2007 03:05 PM
you didnt cause ay offence, just came accross a bit arsy.

thats the problem with email, to inpersonal.

no i didnt get enough sleep friday, i lay awake all night thinking about computers hmmmm :-)
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy