Backup Solutions/Compression

Last Post 13 Jul 2006 08:31 AM by dbandee. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SQL_Jr

--
13 Jul 2006 06:56 AM
hi, Forum:

I am concluding my evals on LiteSpeed, SQLBackup, and SQLSafe. I'd appreciate your experiences, and pros/cons. B/C of pricing, I was leaning between SQLSafe or SQLBackup. LiteSpeed is a mature product but cost is prohibitive. Please provide thoughts. THX!
dbandee

--
13 Jul 2006 08:31 AM
what are u trying to acomplish? Is it worth buying and installing third party software that can caz issues, brake SQL Server install, waste resources (Server CPU and RAM) compressing and decompressing files, as well as corrupting the files? or maybe adding another disk in a cheaper and cleaner solution. U have to make a decision.
I never liked third party tools for SQL Server some of then actually do less then one can do in just EM, QA and cmd line.
Hope this helps
SQL_Jr

--
13 Jul 2006 09:47 AM
Well, I was expecting some feedback on solution or another, but it seems you discount the whole sql backup/compression market. Fair enough, your opinion is appreciated. Can you elaborate on "breaking SQL Server install" and the like? We need three things here: compression (reduce storage overhead), backup/restore times (reduce this), and security (encryption)

Anyone else? TX!
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy