Snapshot without locking table?

Last Post 24 May 2004 11:11 AM by bryanmurtha. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bryanmurtha

--
22 May 2004 08:58 AM
Is there anyway to create a snapshot for transactional replication without causing a table lock. Is it possible to just dts the table or tables into the distribution database. I would like to be able to set this up without having to bring down the site.

bryanmurtha

--
24 May 2004 11:11 AM
I tried to bypass the snapshot agent by doing a backup and restore of the live database, then applied the transaction logs. Following this article from ms: http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...-US;320499
However when I run the proc: sp_scriptpublicationcustomprocs @publication = 'name' I get these error when I run it against the restored database on the subscriber:

Server: Msg 137, Level 15, State 2, Procedure sp_MSins_Stats_Information, Line 11
Must declare the variable '@c19'.
Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sp_MSupd_Stats_Information, Line 3
Line 3: Incorrect syntax near ','.
Server: Msg 137, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sp_MSupd_Stats_Information, Line 5
Must declare the variable '@bitmap'.
Server: Msg 137, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sp_MSupd_Stats_Information, Line 8
Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sp_MSupd_Stats_Information, Line 35
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'end'.
Server: Msg 137, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sp_MSupd_Stats_Information, Line 39
Server: Msg 156, Level 15, State 1, Procedure sp_MSupd_Stats_Information, Line 65
Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'end'.

anyone got any ideas?
bryanmurtha

--
25 May 2004 08:10 AM
That is what I did rm, it just choked on the script that was generated.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy