merge agent failed with no error message. Please help.

Last Post 13 Apr 2004 10:37 AM by ConKi. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ConKi

--
13 Apr 2004 09:07 AM
Good morning all,

I set up a merge repl and the merge agent failed on the publisher without giving any specific error message. The snap shot ran successfully.

In the setup of the subscriber, I select the 'Start the Merge agent to initialize the subscription immediately' check box.

The merge agent status is failed, type is pull, and Last Action shows:The schema script '\\servername\D$\mssql\mssql\ReplData\unc\servername_orders_orders_merge'.

Please tell me what cause the failed on the merge agent and how to get more detail on that failure.

Thank you,

ConKi.
ConKi

--
13 Apr 2004 09:30 AM
Thank you, rm
I check the session detail and found the whole path of the file and error message:
'\\SERVERA\D$\MSSQL\MSSQL\ReplData\unc\SERVERA_order_order_merge\20040413092402\MailingList_5.trg' could not be propagated to the subscriber.

Could you tell me what is wrong?

Thank you,

ConKi
ConKi

--
13 Apr 2004 10:37 AM
Thank you, rm
Could you be a little bit in detail?. I am kind of not sure about the sql services startup account that you are mentioning. How to check that and if it is not then what it should be?

For the current set up, I use sa password when working on both the publisher and subscriber.

Con Ki.

ConKi

--
13 Apr 2004 12:17 PM
Thank you, rm.

I checked the SQL Server properties as well as the sql server agent (in control panel ---> services) in both sides (publisher and subscriber) and see they all refer to a domain account.

Do you have any other suspect?

Actually, the merge agent suddenly ran fine and then give error again for the next action number. This time with different message: The agent is suspect. No response within the last 10 minutes.

I kind of do not know what to look at at this time.

Please let me know if you have something.

Thank you,

ConKi.
ConKi

--
19 Apr 2004 09:18 AM
Thank you for your help.

I can successfully set up a snap shot replication between those two servers. Only the merge give me error.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you.
ConKi

--
19 Apr 2004 03:14 PM
I decide to set up the merge replication again. I removed all existing replication. After I configure both the subscriber and publisher, the merge agent ran right away and failed:
error: The process could not make a generation at the 'Subscriber'.

Please help on letting me know what happens.

Thank you,

ConKi.
ConKi

--
21 Apr 2004 06:54 AM
Yes, it is.
What does it mean that the process could not make a generation at the 'Subscriber'?

In the subscriber, I made sure that the SQL Server Agent uses the same user name in both machines. I did add the tcp/ip alias ip address and server name of the publisher at the subscriber using the Client Network Utility.

I do not know what else should I do. The BOL does not help much, now I only rely on the experience of you guys out there.

Thanks,

ConKi.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy