Using images in an external folder

Last Post 23 Jan 2005 05:10 PM by joeldonaldson. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Craig HB

--
10 Jan 2005 01:09 AM
I am trying to create a recipe book report using Reporting Services that will show a photo for each recipe. The images are all stored in a folder on the web server, with the file names stored in a database table (SQL Server 2000).

I don't want to embed images or have to include them in the project, but rather keep these images in an external folder (on the web server) and reference them there. This is because the recipe photos change often and there is another application that manages that.

When I drag the image control onto the report, the image wizard starts and I get a choice of Embebbed, Project and Database --- although when I click the help button, there is another option : web - which uses images in a folder on the webserver. The web option seems ideal for me, but I can't access it.

How can I access the web option? If this is not possible, is there another way to use these images that are in a folder on the web server (but not included in the .net project)? Or can I just include the whole folder and any image in the folder can be used?

Thanks,
Craig
joeldonaldson

--
23 Jan 2005 05:10 PM
I had a similar requirement for a price list. Basically, I put a field in the database that includes the URL of the image, then on the properties of the image control, set the source to that field (=Fields!ImageURL.Value) and you should be set.

Hope that helps.

Joel
Craig HB

--
11 Mar 2005 08:00 AM
Thanks Joel

I have tried this with mixed results.

If I set the source of the image control to that of a report parameter that returns the image url from a stored procedure it works. However I am unable to hide the parameters when I deploy the report.

If I set the source of the image control to =Fields!ImageURL.Value I get nothing.

Any ideas
shanghai360

--
22 Mar 2005 09:54 AM
I have had success with uploading images into the database as image data types. Check it out:
chetanvh

--
23 Mar 2005 04:27 AM
You could turn off the parameter toolbar by setting the parameter property to false.

I'm in a similar situation, trying to display images from a folder with the image names stored in the DB. Could you please share your implementation in a little more detail. I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy