Parser Error - Can't run Report Manager

Last Post 10 Feb 2006 04:54 AM by TheBlueSky. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TheBlueSky

--
17 Jul 2005 11:35 PM
Hi,

I installed (full installation) SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services (and SP2) on a PC (Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2000 (SP3 and SP4) Enterprise and Visual Studio 2003) several times, and everything went smoothly when no problems, but when I am trying to open Reports Manager (http://LocalHost/Reports) I get the following error message:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp" %>

Can anybody tell me how to solve this problem, I search a lot to but didn't find anything helpful

Thanks in advance.
Charnata

--
20 Oct 2005 05:22 AM
Did you resolve this problem, I am haveing the same issue.

Thanks
TheBlueSky

--
20 Oct 2005 07:35 AM
Unfortunately no, I didn't, except maybe if you consider fomating the machine is a solution!

If you have .Net 2.0 installed in your machine, it most likely the cause of the problem; I asked in several communities, including Microsoft news groups and ASP.net community, but nobody could help at all!

.Net 2.0 automatically upgrades your default web site to ASP.Net 2.0 which for a reason I don't know prevent older ASP.Net applications to work properly, and that what I couldn't find an answer for!

Hope your luck be better than mine.

Regards.
BerriUser

--
09 Feb 2006 02:26 PM
try re-registering ASP.NET with IIS
aspnet_regiis -u
then
aspnet_regiis -i
TheBlueSky

--
10 Feb 2006 04:54 AM
Thanks for your reply...

Actually when I had the problem, I did try to unregister and register ASP.Net again, but it didn't make any difference; anyway, I think it was kind of bug in ASP.Net 2.0 Beta and they fixed it in the official release... now I have both .Net v1.1 and v2.0 installed and operating simultaneously.

PS: installing .Net v2.0 doesn't upgrade your existing ASP.Net applications automatically.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy