Trouble with Linked Server to SQLbase 7.5

Last Post 16 Jun 2004 01:33 PM by wnsmbres. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
wnsmbres

--
14 Jun 2004 11:55 AM
I am attempting to create a Linked Server in Windows 2000 to a SQLBase 7.5 database. I've downloaded and installed the latest drives from Gupta. I can create OBDC connections and DTS packages that work with the SQLBase data, but I can't get it to work with Linked Servers. When I try to look at the tables in a Linked Server with an SQLBase OLE connection I get a 7399: OLE DB provider 'UNKNOWN' reported an error message. The Linked Servers set up with 'Microsoft OLE DB Privder for ODBC' just seem to lock up the Enterprise Manager when I try to look at the tables.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
wnsmbres

--
16 Jun 2004 01:33 PM
Yes, I used both the Enterprise manager and the Query Analyzer and got the same results in both.
wnsmbres

--
17 Jun 2004 10:11 AM
I used sp_addlinkedserver to create a query, and used OPENQUERY to try and access it. When I run openquery I get an error that usually looks like this:

Server: Msg 7357, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Could not process object 'Select * from Reports.V_Emp_all '. The OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' indicates that the object has no columns.
OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: OLE DB provider unable to process object, since the object has no columnsProviderName='MSDASQL', Query=Select * from Reports.V_Emp_all '].
wnsmbres

--
17 Jun 2004 11:43 AM
I'm sorry, I meant to say I created a linked server, not a query with sp_addlinkedserver.

I also tried to create the linked servers in the Enterprise manager. I had the same trouble.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy