Merge filtering

Last Post 26 Apr 2004 12:41 AM by janus_007. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
janus_007

--
22 Apr 2004 03:46 AM
Hello
Im trying to create a merge replication.
I've a 2xSubscribers and a distributor/publisher

My published table has fieldnames describing what server this row should be published. When I create my replication a use a filter like this: ... where target_server = host_name()

I want to publish rows to different subscribers, for instance i have a server with hostname 'BOBAFETT' and another with hostname 'R2D2' and a distributor/publisher with hostname 'SKYWALKER'. When I insert a row into the publisher I cannot get it replicated unless i use SKYWALKER as target_server, but I will use BOBAFETT or R2D2 as target_server, thereby getting the correct row to the intended subscriber!!

Another strange thing, when I insert a row into the subscriber it gets deleted and nothing is inserted into the publishers table!!

My own thoughts is that the host_name() only applies to the publisher and not the subscriber, therefore im only able to publish tows with the publisher name as fieldvalue - That's not quite what I would expect.

Ohh btw. If I hardcode BOBAFETT in the filter where clause it gets the correct rows!!

Can anybody help me?

Kind regards
Janus, Denmark
janus_007

--
26 Apr 2004 12:41 AM
I solved it....

I applied -hostname <subscriberserver> in the agents jobstep

Kind regards
Janus, Denmark
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy