newbie question

Last Post 22 Sep 2004 06:07 AM by pingsid. 0 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
pingsid

--
22 Sep 2004 06:07 AM
Hi all,

1>> Is it possible to generate reports using Reporting Services without using VS.NET or even VB.NET and just with the Reporting services software alone. if so could you please tell me how..

2>> I have tried installing reporting Server on the same computer as the sql server 2000, and tried to install reporting services clint tools on another machine. no win the client machine there is just a link to bol and samples but no application to start or connect to the reporting server. Have i completely screwed up my installation or did I miss something. I followed the microsoft site for instructions on installing and did not have a single error while installing(may be that is
the problem lol ) **also while i was installing client tools on the client computer i got a warning that asp.net and VS.net need to be installed(VS.net i do not have and ASP.net must have got installed with the .NET Framework ) but i was wondering if this could be some problem...??

I am a total newbie to reporting services so please reply in simple words and in as many steps as possible. i have spent a week trying to get this to work but to no avail.

Thanks in advance
SID
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy