crystal reports

Last Post 12 Oct 2005 03:07 PM by kklosson. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
allynie

--
28 Sep 2005 06:51 PM
when i click on print button of the application using VB6, the crystal report has generate report however only the data is not been retrieved from the database (mssql).

then i verify database in crystal reports application, it prompted :-

The database file "<table name>" has changed. Proceeding to fix up the report!

what actually the problem and what should i do?..

thank u
dror1

--
04 Oct 2005 12:46 AM
Hi,

you might want to investigate who changed the table in question, and how it was changed -

if a report is based on a table and some required fields are missing - than it's quite reasonable that
the report will fail.

i think the programmer might need to recreate the report - if the table cannot be restored to what it was before it changed
allynie

--
05 Oct 2005 07:26 PM
hi dror1..

thank u for yr reply..

i've been thinking bout that also..i've tried to recreate new table in the database but still the data can't be retrieved..

despite the assistance from the programmer..is there any other way for me to resolve the problem sir..

is anything to touch with the application source code or just to workaround with crystal reports program?

what should i know and how to do it since i'm still on the beginner stage in crystal reports

thank u

regards
kklosson

--
12 Oct 2005 03:07 PM
I use Crystal with SQL2000, but the message you had is a standard message when normal changes and updates have been made. If you answer yes to each table update, Crystal is simply syncing with your database. Crystal reports from your data and cannot change it After doing this are you able to retreive your data?
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy