As far I know one can only use DSO to process a cube from within a VB app (I use .Net).
I do this as follows:
1) Declare a DSO Server, Database and Cube
2) Set and Connect the dso.Server, set the database and then the cube
3) Call Cube.LockObject (locktype, my message)
4) Call .Process( processtype) .... here's my problem and I'll come back just now.
5) Unlock the cube and destroy the variables
When one do things like this, your application freezes up and there's no way to let the user know how much longer the process will take. Also the process seems to take a great deal longer than when using analysis server's functionality.
How can one "break up" the process like Analysis Server's cube processing? Should I rather process each dimension seperate?
I actually started looking for a way to decompile and look at Analysis server's code!!! Know it sound crazy, but dunno how????????