Can you view the full replication failure error message

Last Post 19 May 2004 12:04 PM by bigelectricmac. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bigelectricmac

--
19 May 2004 10:36 AM
I set up a transaction replication. When a user tried to insert into a table, Replication agent stopped with the following error message:

The VALUE part of INSERT statement did not show in the error message. Is there anyone know where and how to read the full statement. Without the VALUE part, I cannot recover the failure.

insert into "dbo"."wvt_wvWellbore" ("IDWell", "IDRec", "IDRecParent", "IDRecJob", "IDRecDirSrvyActual", "IDRecDirSrvyProp", "Des", "WellboreIDA", "WellboreIDB", "WellboreIDC", "Purpose", "DepthStart", "KickOffDepth", "KickOffMethod", "ProfileTyp", "VSDir", "VSOriginNS", "VSOriginEW", "DepthFill", "LatLongDatum", "LegalSurveyLoc", "NSDist", "NSFlag", "EWDist", "EWFlag", "Latitude", "Longitude", "UTMGridZone", "UTMx", "UTMy", "Com", "sysLockDate", "sysModUser", "sysModDate", "sysCreateUser", "sysCreateDate")

Thanks for your help!
bigelectricmac

--
19 May 2004 12:04 PM
The error message is:
Error: Insert record into wvWellbore failed. Required record not found in parent table wvWellHeader.

As I know, to restart replication agent, I have to fix the problem on target server (insert parent record into wvWellHeader). Since I could not see the whole INSERT statement, I do not know what value to insert to wvWellHeader. I tried to select the error message from dbo.MSrepl_errors.error_text, but only got 512 characters, not the full INSERT statement. Does SQL Server only save maximun 512 characters in MSrepl_errors.error_text? error_text is ntext filed, can store up to 2GB. Why I only get 512 characters?

Is there anyway we can view the commands dbo.MSrepl_commands in clear text? I would like to know what commands were replicated over to target.

Thanks for your reply.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy