Merge Replication...Could It be anymore confusing

Last Post 23 Apr 2004 04:42 AM by Mattbing. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mattbing

--
22 Apr 2004 01:21 PM
I guess I can't complain too much, it's been running pretty much flawlessly for a couple years now. My Concern is this.

I have 10 pc's on the shop floor collecting data and replicating back to the server. Each db on each pc is anywhere from 850mb to 960mb, but the main DB where everything is replicated back to is only 1.1gb. Not what I was expecting, but OK, I can live with it.

On our 10 pc's, there is a table that is just collecting locally that does not get replicated back. It is just a maint table that we can look at if there is a problem. Now, this particular table gets written to every second that the application is collecting data. SO there are about 1 million rows in the table at any given time, with about 7 columns...not a huge table, but still.

So, why would each individual DB be 900 mb...could this one table with 7 columns and 1 million rows be taking up that much space to where the DB's on the 10 pc's would be that big.

If someone could shed some light on the subject that would be great. Thanks in advance.

matt
Mattbing

--
23 Apr 2004 04:42 AM
it's the DB file...all the T-logs are steady around 25mb

Any Ideas?
Mattbing

--
23 Apr 2004 12:30 PM
RM...Thanks for the tip...found out that msmerge_Genhistory is taking up about 80% of the space...

My next question...How do I run the sp_mergemetadataretentioncleanup stored Proc. I tried to run it but it Errors out with the message: "invalid object dbo.sysmergepublication"...I'm running at one of the subscribers. I searched BOL and it says you can run it on publisher and subscriber...

If anyone has had experience with this, any help would be great.

Oh yeah - all subscribers are MSDE 2000 sp3 - Publisher is SQL2K sp3

Thanks Much

Matt
Mattbing

--
26 Apr 2004 05:10 AM
RM,

If you are talking about sysmergepublications, than yes, the table is on the subscribers.

Does anybody know the repercussions of just issuing a "Delete" statement on the Genhistory table?

Thanks again,

Matt
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy