Stored procedure to start synchronizing a pull subscription?

Last Post 12 Mar 2004 02:05 AM by Jim Vobrak. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jpopnoe

--
11 Mar 2004 12:59 PM
Is it possible to utilize a stored procedure to 'automatically' start synchronizing a pull subscription? I have a configuration where the publishing database is on a remote (remote as in several states over) server that is often rebooted, and the connection outage during the reboot usually necessitates me having to manually choosing 'Start Synchronizing' on the subscription to restart the application of transactions to my replicated data.

I have tinkered with all sorts of settings on both the subscriber and publisher to try and avoid failures, but I have to keep the replication agents running continuously, and just need automated steps to take the place of me monitoring the process 24/7 just to issue a 'Start Synchronizing' command on the subscription. I have an alert that detects the failure of the distribution agent (the first sign from SQL Server that its lost connectivity). Can I add a step in the Distribution Agent properties to run a stored procedure for the Start Synchronizing' command on the subscription in the event that the Dist Agent fails?
Jim Vobrak

--
12 Mar 2004 02:05 AM
On all of ours I added an additional schedule to the job to restart the Job every 15 minutes. If the job is running nothing happens. If it crashed for any reason it will auto restart.
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Acceptable Use Policy