sql server integration services package installation utility

Last Post 08 Jun 2011 09:29 AM by rm. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
PaulMcKibben

--
03 Jun 2011 08:39 AM

What is the utility's executable name and where would it generally be found?  I assume it would be in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server.....

I have a developer that created a series of packages under one project using BIDS 2008.  She deployed the project to a file share on the server.  I was attempting to deploy the packages to the correct folder the packages will be executed from.

When I double click on the deployment manifest, I recieve the following:

Unexpected error occurred. 

TITLE: Package Installation Wizard
------------------------------

Unexpected error occurred.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) (DTSInstall)

BUTTONS:

OK

The server that the packages are being deployed on is a SQL 2008 R2 machine running SSIS and SSRS. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

PaulMcKibben

--
03 Jun 2011 12:42 PM
I found the executable, it is dtsinstall. This was a machine that was a SQL 2005 SSIS and SSRS server and was upgraded. It is running Windows 2003.
PaulMcKibben

--
07 Jun 2011 06:48 AM
Does anyone know though why it maybe "throwing" this error by chance?
rm

--
07 Jun 2011 11:51 AM
You may need fix path in system environment, looks like it points to sql2k5 folder first.
PaulMcKibben

--
08 Jun 2011 08:08 AM
The path command already returns the folder structure to the dtsinstall.exe program. (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn)
rm

--
08 Jun 2011 09:29 AM
Did you see C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn in path? Is it in front?

Acceptable Use Policy
---