Permissions

Last Post 24 Jul 2010 08:28 AM by rm. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
PaulMcKibben

--
21 Jul 2010 05:34 AM

What permissions does the account that executes a SSIS package need? 

I have a scheduled batch file that executes a package by calling DTEXEC "PACKAGE PATH AND NAME.DTSX"

The scheduler is not SQL server. 

I have the account set up with READ/WRITE authority to the database and as an ssisoperator and READ/WRITE authority to the data folder that the text file is being placed in.

The batch file runs successfully if I manually execute it but I am a system admin on the servers. 

Thank you.

russellb

--
21 Jul 2010 11:10 AM
typically, db_ssisoperator is sufficient, but you're not running the package from msdb.

(1) does the user have permission on the file system where the dtsx package lives?
(2) what is the exact error message received?
rm

--
21 Jul 2010 11:19 AM
If you scheduled it in win task manage, that service account need proper permission in sql unless you put in specific account in the task.
PaulMcKibben

--
21 Jul 2010 12:01 PM
The account has read & execute authority on the folder that the dtsx is in.

Within SQL, it has the same permissions that the development team does, and they execute the package successfully from BIDS on their desktop. The only difference is that the service account has db_ssisoperator authority also.

The service account does not have access to the folder that the configuration file is in, but does have access to the folder that the input text file is in.

rm

--
24 Jul 2010 08:28 AM
Tried grant service account permission to access config file?

Acceptable Use Policy
---