Developer access

Last Post 25 May 2010 10:57 AM by PaulMcKibben. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
PaulMcKibben

--
24 May 2010 08:44 AM
I have a group of SSIS developers that have been given datareader and datawriter access to databases.  One of the developers called today and asked why the OLE DB Source Editor Connection Manager did not "move" past Loading... in the table or view name selection window. 

I have sent him screen shots of my connection manager and OLE DB Source Editor properties to verify that he has not got something incorrect.  I have not heard from him but wanted to post the question out here.

Do the SSIS developers need any additional permissions than datareader and datawriter on the SQL server instance?  In our environment,  SSIS is installed on a separate server than SQL.

Thank you.
rm

--
25 May 2010 04:20 AM
Our developers work on dev servers so they get read/write permission there, but not on prod servers.
PaulMcKibben

--
25 May 2010 06:13 AM

Is that the only security that they have?  data read/write db roles?  Do they have any owned schemas?  Our developers only have public server role access also.  Should they have others?

I am speaking of test SQL servers also.

Thank you.

PaulMcKibben

--
25 May 2010 10:57 AM
The issue was that the developers did not have execute authority to sp_tables_rowset2 or sp_oledb_ro_usrname. Once they had that authority, the issue was resolved.

Acceptable Use Policy
---