ATTACHED LARGE DATABASE

Last Post 15 Apr 2010 04:57 PM by gunneyk. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
neobagsjol

--
02 Mar 2010 07:53 PM
hello to all,

i would like to ask if someone out there knows a way to attached a very large database like for example 500 gigz in size, i've been trying to attached but i failed, please help..email me through this: jolan.mahinay@myclicktech.com

thanks and regards
gunneyk

--
03 Mar 2010 04:35 AM
Well how can we help if we don't know the error you are getting. The size of the db has nothing to do with how you attach a db. Can you describe exactly how you are doign this, what command you used and what error message you get.
rm

--
03 Mar 2010 08:36 AM
I prefer backup/restore, much less headache.
neobagsjol

--
15 Apr 2010 12:39 AM
mr gunneyk do have experience on attaching a large database as i stated on my first post? regardless of the error encountered, then if you had, can you give us an idea or steps how to attach database as much as bigger as i expected ... thanks
rm

--
15 Apr 2010 03:46 AM
What is the error you got? Does db have multiple data files? I attached 500gb db without issue, although took some time.
gunneyk

--
15 Apr 2010 04:57 PM
The size of the database really shouldn't be a factor in how long it takes for an attach. It certainly does for a restore though. The time will mostly be dependant on how many transactions need to be rolled forward or back during the recovery pahse when it gets attached. I will ask again for you to show us the actual command you used to attach the db and what the error was so that we can help. Attaching a db is exactly the same for a 1MB db as it is for a 1TB db.

Acceptable Use Policy
---