In a world of hurt!! Need help with SQL Server and ASP.net

Last Post 16 Nov 2010 09:49 AM by gunneyk. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
sspp

--
16 Nov 2010 07:15 AM
I need anyone's advice.  I have web portal that is used by 1000's of users and the web portal was developed by one person in house.  The back end of the site is SQL Server DB and the front is built on ASP.net according to the individual who designed the solution (prior to me joining the company, not the way I would have done it)

We are now having problems with the site which is losing us tremendous business and horrible public relations.

When we go to the site it continually times out.  The individual who built this solution tells me "the server itself is running very slowly.  When the web part calls the DB part the DB part doesn't return a data set in time (30 sec) so you get the time out error.

Initially, he states it was the conficker virus, but we supposedly have cleaned the server of that virus.

Can anyone shed any light or provide feedback in any way.  All help is greatly appreciated.
gunneyk

--
16 Nov 2010 09:49 AM
It can be a whole list of things. There is absolutely no way to give any intelligent recomendation from such little information. I recommend you hire a good consultant to take a look and tell you where to start. But you might want to start by looking at the wait stats to see what the server is waiting on most.

Acceptable Use Policy
---