Look for suggestions on foregin key issue

Last Post 22 Aug 2006 05:08 PM by bchu1981. 6 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
bchu1981

--
18 Aug 2006 04:44 PM
Dear all,

In continuation of my previous post, now I want to publish some tables containing some foreign keys referenced by other tables. What are suggestions on this? Do I need to put all tables with references to the foreign keys in single publication? Do I need to use 'not for replication' on the foreign keys?

I use transactional replication.

thanks,
bchu
bchu1981

--
20 Aug 2006 04:15 PM
hi, rm.
Thanks very much!

But you can create schema on subscriber and tell replication don't drop them.
------ How can achieve this? I am not aware any of it at the moment.

regards,
bchu
bchu1981

--
21 Aug 2006 10:42 PM
hi, rm.
I dont' understand it vey well. You mentioned "Keep in mind that replication will replace pkey to unique index, so you'll lose fkeys. ". But in my transactional replication, the foreign key are in the subscriber database. Is that any difference in the setting that may affect foreign keys?

Regards,
bchu
bchu1981

--
21 Aug 2006 11:58 PM
I use transactiona replication and choose to "Drop the existing table and re-create it" for the articles.

Thanks!

bchu
bchu1981

--
22 Aug 2006 05:08 PM
hi, rm,
I still don't understand it very well.
What do you mean by "pkey will be replaced "? As I find out, the primary keys on the subscriber are still there. Do I interpret your words wrong?

Regards,
Benson
bchu1981

--
23 Aug 2006 04:30 PM
rm, Thanks!

But I don't really agree. I have tried the replication many times and used different tables. I choose "drop existing table and re-create it", and all the suscribing tables do have primary keys.

I am using sql server 2000 with sp4.

Do you mean even I specify to re-creat the table, the system did do that? Am I clear?

regards,
bchu
bchu1981

--
27 Aug 2006 10:04 PM
hi, rm.

I do use transactional replication.

Thanks,
bchu

Acceptable Use Policy
---