need Help Urgent - Merge Replication with Huge Database Size

Last Post 14 May 2007 06:00 AM by tofy79. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
tofy79

--
12 May 2007 10:54 PM
Dear all,

I have production Environment Microsoft SQL server 2000 Sp3a Cluster,i have 4 tables to be (2 way replication) merge replication with other site , one of tables have image column, now the size for this table more than 50GB so when i will create Replication the initial snapshot will take more than 5 hours down time , my questions:

1- which better method to when initial snapshot for Publish merge replication ?
2- what the best senarion to cleanup replication with out remove the subscriber database and with out create new snapshot again ?
3- if i disable snapshot agent job after initial snapshot finished there is any side affect on replication?

Thanks & Regards.
Mattbing

--
14 May 2007 05:00 AM
The answer to your second question is to schedule your Merge agent to run avery 5 minutes or so and set your retention period to 14 days (default). This way you will only be keeping 14 days worth of retention information in your database which in turn will help keep your db size in check.
tofy79

--
14 May 2007 06:00 AM
Thanks a lot for ur answer dear RM,

regarding point #1 - I am planning to use merge replication and the merge agent will not work until initial snapshot finished (no way) sync between Puplisher and subscriber will not work .

Point #2 i mean (Agent history clean up: distribution, Distribution clean up: distribution, Expired subscription clean up) , so i will select subscripition never expierd in general tab in Publish database proparties.... but i have one of publishing tables have image coulmn(big size) , how can i clean up with out disable suscriber and no snapshot again.

point #3 its clear to me .

Thanks & Best Regards.

Acceptable Use Policy
---