good books?

Last Post 13 May 2005 12:22 PM by Vette95. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
nosepicker

--
04 Mar 2005 09:33 AM
Anybody have any books to recommend on Reporting Services?
timmcowan

--
06 Mar 2005 11:46 PM
Yep, 2 good ones that I know of are "Professional SQL Server Reporting Services" published by Wrox and "The hitchikers guide to Reporting Services" but I can't remember who that's published by.
Vette95

--
13 May 2005 12:22 PM
I agree with timmcowan.

I read the "Professional SQL server Reporting Services" book by Wrox first. It was a great introduction - very fast read. I recommend this one to get up to speed.

I then purchased "The Hitchhikers Guide to Reporting Services" and I found that it was more detailed and has some very good "how-tos" on installing reporting services with great detail on security. I liked this book the best so far & I am only half way through it. I recommend this one also to get into more details.

I started some development after the first book. Deployed a few reports to our test server and showed the CEO. He liked it so much he approved a purchase for a new sql server dedicated to reporting services. However, since I deployed those test reports, I have been inundated with requests to convert our existing reports and have not had any time to get back to the Hitchhikers Guide.

Acceptable Use Policy
---