Subscriptions

Last Post 16 May 2005 04:40 PM by jenise. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
beccong

--
13 Apr 2005 01:16 PM
I have deployed a report to reporting services on the web, the report runs fine. When I try to set up a subscription I get the following message.

"Subcriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to run the report are not stored, the report is using user-defined parameters, or if a linked report, the link is no longer valid"

The credentials are the same as other reports I've created - ie they're stored securly in the report server.
It is not a linked report.
the parameters I've set up the same as other reports and cannot find were to un-define them as user defined parameters

This is becoming incredibly frustrating so any help would be most appreciated.
jenise

--
16 May 2005 04:40 PM
Hello,

I am having the same problem. Where you ever able to find out what was wrong. If you can let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,
Jenise
timmcowan

--
16 May 2005 10:49 PM
When viewing the properties of the report, go to the data sources tab and select "Credentials stored securely on server" and then enter the credentials. This should do it.

jenise

--
17 May 2005 02:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. I checked the data source and ran some tests. It looks like it has to do more with the global User!UserID parameter that I am passing. Are you familiar with that or with any possible issues there may be in using that in combination with the subscriptions? I'm able to create a subscription fine as long as I don't use the User!UserID parameter.

thanks for your help.

Jenise

Acceptable Use Policy
---