Upgrading to MS Reporting Services ... noob

Last Post 20 Oct 2006 06:08 AM by xfonhe. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
GoodFella3993

--
20 Oct 2006 05:39 AM
Currently my company is running SQL Server 2000. All of our reports are generated through queries within Enterprise Manager or our CRM and then converted into an Excell file. This process is not fully automated and we need a better solution that can quickly create reports and publish on the internet automatically.

From what I gathered so far, MS offers a reporting services package. My question is, how do I get started with the installation of this package? What are the benefits of this package? Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks,
Marc
xfonhe

--
20 Oct 2006 06:08 AM
http://microsoft.com/sql/reporting

SQL Reporting Service (SRS) requires SQL Server, IIS (for report hosting; you CAN devlop and deploy reports via various other methods), and Visual Studio (for report development).

Using data driven subscriptions you can configure automatic report rendering and deployment via SMTP or file system placement.

It's a great tool! I suggest you download a trial and build a proof of concept (POC), or contact a local consulting firm w/ SRS expertise and have them build a POC for you.

X

Acceptable Use Policy
---