Bit Vaues "False" and "True" in Management Studio

Last Post 13 Jan 2009 12:41 PM by nathanatcollegesourcedotcom. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
nathanatcollegesourcedotcom

--
07 Jan 2009 01:42 PM
Hi. We just upgraded to SQL 2005 from SQL 2000. Unfortunately, it appears that replication isn't repping data that is in a certain table. In Management Studio the data shows as "False" and "True". If I enter a value of "1" instead of "True" I get an error:

"Invalid value for cell (row 1, column 41)."

"The changed value in this cell was not recognized as valid.
>Net Framework Data Type: Boolean
Error MessageL String was not recognized as a valid Boolean.
Type a value appropriate for the data type or press ESC to cancel the change."

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a view option settings that let's me view as "1" and "0" or let's me make such changes and converts on the fly as before?

I'm wondering if this situation is why my this data isn't repping. I can rebuild rep and reinitialize the data to see if that's it too but want to know the answer to this first...

I hope this makes sense.

--
07 Jan 2009 02:01 PM
OK I see that wasn't the cause of my rep issues. Other pubs had fallen out of sync. But I am still wondering about why I can't enter "1" or "0".

And also, allthough this isn't the correct forum to ask I guess, now I'm wondering if there's a way to get replication monitor to stay in MSS Management Studio as like a snap in instead of me having to right click and Launch Replication Monitor and keep the floating window in order to know how those pubs are doing.

--
13 Jan 2009 12:01 PM
Not totally sure why we didn't go to 2008. We have a rule that is don't upgrade till sp2 whatever the product. That might have been it, I don't what sp 2008 is at.

2005 is sucking for several reasons. Entering values in the grid was nice and easy, seems rediculous to handwrite the sql. In MSSMS when I right click on the tool bar and check SQL Editor, the buttons/tools that are added are all grayed out.

--
13 Jan 2009 12:41 PM
Oh ok, I get it. New Query, then they're no longer grayed out.

Yeah, not what I was looking for. THe other toolset (EM 2000) was much faster and more convenient. :-(

Acceptable Use Policy
---