Builtin\Administrators Local Server Administrators issue.

Last Post 12 Feb 2009 04:36 AM by theodore80. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
theodore80

--
12 Feb 2009 03:47 AM
I have already disabled Builtin\Administrators by removing the sysadmin role and denying the connect to database engine right. (unfortunately disabling the group is not possible; the other way is to delete it).

The actual problem is that any domain user that is assigned to the local administrators (either directly or via a group) can not be granted the Connect to database engine right. If the connect to database right is assigned to the builtin\administrators the the user acquires it also. My sql built version is 3050. Does anybody know anything about this issue?

It could be a bug cause I cannot access the database with a local machine administrator user if the SQLServer Builtin\Administrators group is disabled, although the user does exist explicity in the sql server logins...

Any ideas or similar experiences?
theodore80

--
12 Feb 2009 04:36 AM
That's what I did!

But then, I have a server local administrator who cannot access the sql server although the user exists on the server. Checking the effective permission showed that the user would never grant the connect to database engine permission, just because he is a local machine admin. If I grant connect to database engine access to the builtin administrators the he is back again. The same if I delete thebuiltin\administrators. Could it be a bug?
theodore80

--
13 Feb 2009 07:04 AM
I just deleted the builtin account. It can be created back again anyway...

Acceptable Use Policy
---