SQL Server Integration Services Error - Data Flow task

Last Post 18 Feb 2011 11:06 AM by PaulMcKibben. 4 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
JASBRYDEN

--
15 Feb 2011 08:55 AM
Hi

I am very new to Microsoft visual studio, I am using this to create a schedule job that would export data from a query to excel.

I am getting an error when running the job.

Error at Data Flow Task [Excel Destination [1422]]: Column "Date" cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types.

Error at Data Flow Task [Excel Destination [1422]]: Column "Routeno" cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types.

Error at Data Flow Task [Excel Destination [1422]]: Column "question" cannot convert between unicode and non-unicode string data types.

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: "component "Excel Destination" (1422)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.

Error at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation. (Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

I am using a data conversion, between the OLE DB Source and the Excel Destination but it does seem to help.

This is the table that I want to send to excel.

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Survey_Report](
 [Date] [varchar](10) NULL,
 [Question] [varchar](254) NULL,
 [Warehouseno] [nvarchar](6) NULL,
 [Answer_NO] [numeric](18, 0) NULL,
 [Answer_YES] [numeric](18, 0) NULL,
 [Percentage%] [numeric](18, 0) NULL
)  ON [PRIMARY]

Please help !!
rm

--
15 Feb 2011 12:35 PM
Sounds have unicode data, change data type from varchar to nvarchar then try again.
JASBRYDEN

--
16 Feb 2011 04:12 AM
I change it but same error.

JASBRYDEN

--
16 Feb 2011 05:07 AM
Ok I got it work now, I had to set it to nvarcahr(MAX)

But now I am getting a next error

[Excel Destination [1422]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21.
[Excel Destination [1422]] Error: Cannot create an OLE DB accessor. Verify that the column metadata is valid.
[DTS.Pipeline] Error: component "Excel Destination" (1422) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202025.
PaulMcKibben

--
18 Feb 2011 11:06 AM
After the data type change, did you refresh the connection manager and the excel destination?

Acceptable Use Policy
---