SQL 2005 X64 Linked Sever Problem

Last Post 02 Dec 2008 11:55 AM by dhoward007. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
dhoward007

--
12 Nov 2008 06:48 AM
I am getting this error when I run a linked server query from my local pc.
OLE DB provider "DB2OLEDB" for linked server "DB2_SD_SDINFO_RTXD01F4" returned message "".

Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_catalogs, Line 7

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "DB2OLEDB" for linked server "DB2_SD_SDINFO_RTXD01F4".

The strange part is this.. I can run this query remotely using a sql account but it will not work using a windows account. I am testing this with my windows id when I get this error and this account has sa permission on the SQL 2005 Instance.

I have the Microosoft OLE DB Provider for DB2 1.0 with SP 1.

Have any of you seen this issue before?

This server is running windows 2003 and I am using SQL 2005 EE x64 edition.

dhoward007

--
02 Dec 2008 11:55 AM
I have not tried the IBM driver yet.. I was hoping to use the Microsoft Driver if possible.

The driver works fine when I logon locally to the SQL Server.. This problem is when I run a query on a linked server from a client pc..

One other thing I should note. The query will run fine if I connect to the server using SQL Authentication.. But when I use Windows authentication to connect to SQL Server I get the error.

I created the link using the following connect string.

Provider=DB2OLEDB;User ID=user;Password=pass; Initial Catalog=INV4FED;Network Transport Library=TCP;Host CCSID=37;PC Code Page=1252;Network Address=rtxidb01.bankofamerica.com;Network Port=60012;Auth Encrypt=True;Package Collection=NULLID;Default Schema=INV4;Process Binary as Character=False;Units of Work=RUW;DBMS Platform=DB2/6000;Defer Prepare=False;Rowset Cache Size=0;Persist Security Info=False;Connection Pooling=False;Derive Parameters=False;

Acceptable Use Policy
---