(RESOLVED) Oracle: Losing Decimal Places

Last Post 25 Jul 2008 02:27 PM by lmf232s. 2 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
lmf232s

--
25 Jul 2008 10:41 AM
I am selecting data from Oracle and im losing the decimal places when it gets to SSIS.

Example: 42.92 comes across as 42.00

Connection Info:
Data Source: Oarcle Provider for OLE DB (OraOLEDB.Oracle.1)

Im not sure if there is a problem with the provider and SSIS playing nicely or what. If I run the query in the query builder of the OLE DB Source Component it displays the values with decimal places.

Any ideas? Any one every have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks

lmf232s

--
25 Jul 2008 01:29 PM
Here is some additional information.

I am executing an SQL Statment to pull data from oracle that has parameters. I am using the OLE CB Source Container for this. Because I am selecting data from Oracle and im using parameters I had to create a variable to hold the sql statement (I get an error when I try to use SQL command and type the statement using parameters).

Any way when I look at the Metadata coming from the OLE DB Data Source it shows the 2 columns in question as a Numeric data type with a precision of 38 and a Scale of 0. This explains why my decimals are being truncated.

None the less I still don't know how to fix this. I have tried to convert the fields in question with no success.

Can you edit the metadata?

Any ideas?
lmf232s

--
25 Jul 2008 02:27 PM
Well I cant explain why the metadata was coming in wrong but it is not fixed.

I also did not realize that you edit the metadata.

Solution:
Right Click on OLE DB Source Component, Select Advanced Edit
Click the Input And Output Parameters, expand the nodes and change the metadata or in my case I just changed the precision and the scale.

Acceptable Use Policy
---