Problems when importing data from Excel to SQL Server

Last Post 27 Sep 2007 10:14 AM by wesseldeen. 3 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
five40

--
22 May 2007 03:27 AM
I'm trying to import data from Excel 2003 to SQL Server 2005 (SP2) by using Import Data -command in SQL Server Management Studio. However after finishing the wizard I get the following errors:

Error 0xc0202009: Data Flow Task: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21.
An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Native Client" Hresult: 0x80040E21 Description: "Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.".
(SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc0202025: Data Flow Task: Cannot create an OLE DB accessor. Verify that the column metadata is valid.

Error 0xc004701a: Data Flow Task: component "Destination - MyTable" (53) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202025.

Any ideas what is causing this ?
five40

--
22 May 2007 08:48 PM
I'm running SQL Server on my dev machine by using Local System Account. Even copying the file to the same directory with SQL Server binaries (\binn) doesn't change the behaviour. Also, Local System Account should have access anywhere locally, right ?

These messages are displayed after running the wizard, in the pre-execute phase.
five40

--
23 May 2007 08:26 PM
No I haven't. I thought that SSIS wizard could be started from Management Studio as well (using Tasks - Import Data or running dtswizard.exe). Haven't used SSIS yet (if that means Business Intelligence Development Studio) and it sure looks bit confusing at first to figure out where to start with it. But have to take a closer look at it.
wesseldeen

--
27 Sep 2007 10:14 AM
Are you running 64 bit?

Acceptable Use Policy
---