DatabaseMail fails. Points to the wrong server

Last Post 22 Sep 2008 10:34 AM by filter. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
filter

--
22 Sep 2008 09:56 AM
Hello,

Here's the situation. We had an old Exchange 2003 server which we migrated to a newer box (still running Exchange 2003). Right before I had a chance to move the SQL Server mailbox from the old Exchange server to the new one, the old server crashed. Since I had already moved pretty much everything over, I didn't bother doing a restore on the old server as it would cause more problems than solve. Instead, I removed the Exchange attributes from the SQL Server agent account, and recreated them on the new server.

I successfuly logged in with that account to a workstation and setup Outlook profile just fine. It's able to send/receive email using the new mailbox.

We have edited the DatabaseMail profile on the SQL server to point to the new Exchange server. However when we send test email we get the following error:
quote:

The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2008-09-22T00:03:47). Exception Message: Could not connect to mail server. (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [old email server IP address]:25)

We have stopped and restarted the SQL services and rebooted the server but the problem remains.

We had the same exact scenario with our test SQL server (with it's own SQL server service accounts), and the above steps fixed the issue. But for some reason our production box is being stubborn. Any ideas?
filter

--
22 Sep 2008 10:34 AM
Solved it. Deleted the account in Databasemail and recreated it. Works like a charm now.

Acceptable Use Policy
---