No, I don't want to install Macromedia Flash!

Last Post 04 Dec 2004 11:34 AM by hoo-t. 5 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
hoo-t

--
22 Oct 2004 12:56 PM
And it is extremely frustrating to be asked with each new page that loads. Please change this, because I like this site and wish to continue using it!

Steve
AspiringGeek

--
11 Nov 2004 06:02 PM
I triple the motion.
hoo-t

--
15 Nov 2004 01:14 PM
Well, I caved. I really like this site (except for this issue), and our network guy says that while he agrees (he hates Macromedia for this reason), its ok to install it (on my company workstation). So, windowsitpro.com wins. By completely ignoring the issue, they have forced my hand to either leave or install. I caved. I installed. Now it tells me I have to reboot for the changes to take effect! Maybe tomorrow.

sold out,
Steve
AspiringGeek

--
15 Nov 2004 06:32 PM
Seriously, there were serious problems with this site a few months ago during the transition to WindowsITPro. The problems were ignored for WEEKS, however, they were finally addressed by the web geek who was actually quite gracious. I wonder whether this issue simply hasn't yet been brought to his attention?

Don't lose any sleep for caving. Save your energy for the battles that matter. However, I'm wondering whether you'll *really* regret your decision once you see all the unwonderfully distracting ads we're forced to ignore. I can't believe companies actually pay for these things. Does anyone really click through?
AspiringGeek

--
02 Dec 2004 05:00 AM
Thanks for trying, Pete.

I don't know whether it's worth pursuing, yet, one would think there'd be an option to load the pages without having Flash installed?

hoo-t

--
04 Dec 2004 11:34 AM
Yeah, but it don't mean we have to like it!!!

I just filled out the survey and let them know that I don't like the flash requirement.
You make an interesting point, though. I think I've had Acrobat installed on every computer that I've had, work and home, for many years.

Steve

Acceptable Use Policy
---