I have a direct hire full-time role with one of our top clients. This person can be located anywhere on the east coast - as long as they are willing to travel. Please send your resume to me ASAP - the client is motivated to move quickly on this role. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org - you can reach me at 713.425.6836.
Senior SQL Server Database and Infrastructure Expert
Our client is a leading global provider of products, technologies, solutions and services to consumers and business. The company's offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, and global services. They are seeking a Senior SQL Database Consultant with a mix of advanced technology and business skills as this consulting role requires both technical background and the ability to map business problems to technology solutions. Below is a description for the duties and qualifications for this position:
· Technical Consulting supporting Microsoft SQL Server and Infrastructure Team
· Installation and configuration of various SQL Server Hardware and Software configurations
· Database design expertise.
· SQL programming of complex stored procedures, functions, views and triggers
· Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
· Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
· Perform necessary database maintenance and database software upgrades, i.e., security patches, database updates
· Database and platform performance monitoring and tuning to assure proper performance levels are met
· Create and maintain technical documentation
· Ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology security
· Identify and address technical or operational risks
· Provide review/input on project activities for large enterprise or global level project.
· Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for large enterprise or global level projects.
· Industry experience - minimum 10 to 15 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
· Experience in performance tuning of applications by optimizing SQL, database design, stored procedures and triggers
· Migration knowledge from competitive products to SQL and SQL release migrations
· Knowledge of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
· Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
· Solid experience in technical troubleshooting
· Experience in SQL Server programmability with several of these - T-SQL, ADO.NET, OLEDB, ODBC, SQL, XML, XQuery/XPath
· Experience in core RDBMS: RDBMS internals, architecture and tuning, performance and scalability, replication, notification services, HA including clustering, SAN and 32/64 bit SQL
· Experience with management and implementation of tiered and large software systems
· Solid experience in enterprise architecture as well as infrastructure deployment and/or distributed system implementation
· Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to envision and design a SQL Server database solution that addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
· Ability to develop Customer Requirements Documentation deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions.
· Ability to work both on-site and remote in a geography to responsibly deliver on consulting engagements.
· Ability to continue developing and expanding knowledge in the area of SQL Server expertise
· In depth knowledge of SQL Server technologies including OLTP, ROLTP, DW/BI and Infrastructure.
· Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas, servers, storage, networks and operations.
· Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions ("trusted advisor" role).
· Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply the appropriately in solutions
· Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
· Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
· Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
· Ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
· Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply critical organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
· Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
· Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
· Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's Executive level management.
· Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management
· Ability to use prepared and to create complete original materials to communicate with the customer.
· Communicates mostly strategic information and some Tactical information.
· Excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent our client at external customer and industry events.