VerifyPageId error with memusage

Last Post 23 Feb 2006 09:14 AM by FatManLittleBoy. 1 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button
Author Messages
FatManLittleBoy

--
22 Feb 2006 07:06 AM
One of our production box is running really slow right now.. and I issue the following statement: DBCC MEMUSAGE and I got back the following error message:
Server: Msg 8966, Level 16, State 4, Line 1
Could not read and latch page (1:204858) with latch type SH. VerifyPageId failed.
Server: Msg 8966, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Could not read and latch page (1:206393) with latch type SH. VerifyPageId failed.
Could not read and latch page (1:206392) with latch type SH. VerifyPageId failed.

Any idea where else I should look for any possible problems? If I free the buffer and procedure cache using DBCC FREEPROCCACHE and DBCC DROPCLEANBUFFERS the error goes away but returns after some load has been put on the system.

Server is running Win2003, SQL2k sp4, 8gb memory, /3gb /pae /awe (max set at 7gb).

Thanks,
FMLB
FatManLittleBoy

--
23 Feb 2006 09:14 AM
Yes I did. We have other problems we are looking at that might be affecting performance negatively. I realize that this probably has nothing to do with the performance issue. But, I never receive these errors until the server is under heavy load, and the errors continue even with no load, until I clear the buffer and procedure cache.

DBCC MEMUSAGE has not been supported since sql 7 so this may be nothing to worry about. But, it's the only way I know of to see what objects are buffered. BOL says use performance counters but that doesn't provide the info I need.

Thanks,
FMLB

Acceptable Use Policy
---